Ability Estimates by Level Report
The Ability Estimates by Level report sorts students by proficiency level and then lists students within score levels on each dimension. Summary statistics are also displayed for each dimension and at the end of the report.
- Note: Cut-points must be entered for the Criterion Zone for this report to be generated. See the Creating and Editing Criterion Zones section for more information about setting the cut-points between score levels.
- Select Reports – Group Reports - Ability Estimates by Level.
- You will be presented with a dialog window with display options as shown for the Ability Estimates report. Complete the entries and click on OK to generate the report. Note that this report differs from the Ability Estimates report in a number of ways:
- Each "dimension – score level" combination comprises a separate section of the report.
- Each entry (row) for a case shows one dimension, rather than all the dimensions.
- Cases are ordered from highest proficiency level to lowest, per dimension.
The respondent data is presented in rows, one row per respondent, with two columns for the proficiency estimate and the standard error for that estimate. The list of respondents is followed by a dashed line, "------" and then a summary for that dimension and score level. In Figure 1 we note that no respondents had proficiency estimates in the "Beyond" score level on the DCI variable, and that 2 respondents, representing 10.5% of the cases had estimates in the "Correct" level. We also see the average proficiency the variance for each level. Note that these values are reported in the scale set by the user in the Report Options.