Ability Estimates Report
The Ability Estimates report lists each student’s proficiency estimate on each dimension. Summary statistics are displayed at the end of the report.
- Select Reports – Group Reports - Ability Estimates.
- You will be presented with a dialog window with display options. Enter the report title and file name as described for previous reports.
- Select the Item Set for the report.
- Select Yes for Student Detail if you want to see proficiency estimates for each respondent; select No if you only want to see a summary report.
- Select Yes for Import Matrices if you want to import design, scoring and xi matrices (usually for a within-item multidimensional model).
- Select Yes for Show Estimate Type if want the estimate type to be displayed in the heading.
Click on OK and the report will be generated, exported as a text file, and also displayed on the screen.
As shown in Figure 2, the heading information shows the total number of respondents included in the report and any filtering criteria. If requested by the user, the proficiency estimation type is also shown (e.g., EAP, MLE or DPV). The respondent data is presented in rows, one row per respondent, with two columns for each variable. The first column shows the proficiency estimate and the second shows the standard error for that estimate (see the discussion on these calculations for more information).
- Note: The proficiencies are displayed using the scale values requested in the Report Options dialog window.
The numbers of students with estimated proficiencies in each dimension, the average proficiency estimates and the variances of the estimates are summarized at the bottom of the report, as shown in Figure 3. The estimation details are also shown, including the measurement model (e.g., dichotomous, partial credit, rating scale, or a mixed model), the logit range, and convergence criteria. Keep in mind that proficiency estimates are generated from presumed fixed item and population parameters.