Applying for Competitive Fellowships at Pre-Doc/Dissertation/Post-Doc Levels
Interested in applying for competitive fellowships? Come join our two-part panel discussion with GSE faculty who have participated on selection committees for nationally competitive awards. Hear firsthand what the selection processes are really like and what distinguishes winning proposals from the rest. Following the faculty panel, there will be a separate session where past awardees tell us how they went about preparing their applications and share tips from their experiences.
Introduction: Major Fellowship Opportunities
• Karen Sullivan, GSE Fellowship Coordinator
Part I: The Faculty Reviewer Panel
• Sophia Rabe-Hesketh (reviewer for IES-post doc)
• Mark Wilson (reviewer for the Spencer pre/post doc & AERA)
• P. David Pearson (reviewer for the Spencer post doc)
Part II: The Awardee Panel
• Andy Maul * (recipient of Spencer post doc; Assistant Professor, UC Santa Barbara)
• Katherine Furgol Castellano * (recipient of IES-post doc; ETS Harold Gulliksen Psychometric Research Fellowship; Psychometrician, ETS)
• Alyssa Sayavedra (recipient of NSF Graduate Research fellowship, SESAME PhD student)
- Andy and Katherine will join us via video conference.